Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design
The Technical Committee on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design (CSCWD) is an international special interest group of researchers working in the fields of collaboration technologies and applications to the design of processes, products, systems, and services in industries and societies. Collaboration technologies include theories, methods, mechanisms, protocols, software tools, platforms, and services that support collaboration and coordination among people, software and hardware systems. Related fields of research include collaborative workflows, collaborative virtual environments, collaborative workspaces, collaborative wireless sensor networks, collaborative processing of Big Data, interoperability, ontology and semantics, security and privacy, as well as social aspects and human factors related to collaboration. Application domains include aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, construction, logistics, transportation, power and energy, smart home and intelligent building, healthcare and homecare, infrastructure, administration, social networks, and entertainment. We provide a forum for researchers and practitioners involved in different but related fields to confront research results and discuss key problems.
- Interact with researchers and practitioners within an established international collaboration network with a history of successful international annual conferences since 1996.
- Exchange research ideas and developing international collaborative projects.
- Publish research results in a timely manner through international conferences and journal special issues.
- Demonstrate leadership by organizing special sessions at SMC and CSCWD conferences and editing journal special issues.
- Meet old friends and make new ones from different parts of the world.