The Technical Committee on Flexible Electronic Systems (FES) aims to bring together experts from academia, industry, and researchers to discuss and advance the state-of-the-art in flexible and intelligent sensing systems. The committee will cover a range of topics, including advanced materials, machine learning and artificial intelligence, sensor technologies, data processing and analysis, and applications of these systems in various fields. By holding regular meetings and discussions, the committee will provide a platform for exchanging ideas and knowledge, fostering collaboration and networking, and promoting the development of new technologies and applications in the field of FES.
These topics are of interest to our technical committee:
- Flexible electronics and sensor technology
- Novel materials for sensing systems
- Multi-sensor data fusion and intelligent sensor fusion
- Soft, skin-like electronics and bionic sensors
- Intelligent monitoring with advanced materials
- Flexible electronics for intelligent recognition
- Advanced material study in flexible and stretchable sensors
- Intelligent materials and systems for novel devices
- Intelligent sensing for the Internet of Things and Industry 4.0
- Advanced materials for flexible sensor fabrication
- New sensor technologies and their applications in FES
- Machine learning and data analysis techniques for FES
- Decision-making algorithms and methods for FES
- Communication and networking technologies for FES
- Cybersecurity for FES
- Real-world applications of FES, including case studies and demonstrations
- Advancements and challenges in the field of FES
- The future of FES and emerging trends in the field.
- Fault detection, identification, and optimization of sensing systems
Our TC plans to:
- Develop and implement a long-term research agenda for FES, focused on addressing key technical challenges and issues, and on fostering the development of new technologies and applications;
- Work with other technical committees and societies within the IEEE to promote the integration of FES with other technologies and applications;
- Organize annual international symposium or conferences in FES, and organize special sessions/workshops on related topics at IEEE SMC conferences;
- Edit special issues or focused special sections for SMC IEEE Transactions or other related journals.
- Promote the adoption of FES technologies and applications in a wide range of fields, and facilitate the transfer of knowledge and expertise from academia to industry.