- Details on joining IEEE are shown here.
- If you are already an IEEE member, you can add the SMC Society when you renew your IEEE membership. Details on joining the SMC Society are shown here.
- If you are already a member, but forgot to add SMCS during the most recent renewal, use the Membership Information Support Form.
What’s bundled in the Membership fee?
- The SMC Society membership fee includes electronic access to the IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Systems, IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, and IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics.
- Members also receive reduced rates at the annual conference and conferences sponsored by the SMC Society
IEEE Senior Member
Who can become a Senior Member?
- Anyone with 10 years in the profession (not 10 years of IEEE membership). Your educational experience is counted towards this 10-year requirement as follows:
- 3 years for a bachelor’s degree
- 4 years for a master’s degree
- 5 years for a doctorate degree
- To become a Senior Member, you must have 5 years of significant performance.
- Nominations for IEEE Senior member may be submitted online using the IEEE Senior Membership Application Form. Nominations are evaluated eight to ten times per year by the IEEE.
IEEE Student Members
Information on levels of student membership can viewed here.
e-Membership Option for Developing Nations
The e-Membership option is available to new and renewing members who reside in countries where the per capita Gross Domestic Product (GDP) does not exceed US$15,000 (per United Nations Guidelines). Annual base dues with e-Membership are just US$50*.