To recognize the authors of the best paper published annually in the IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC). (established in 1998)
$500 for each author up to a maximum of $2,500 for multiple authors, and a Plaque for each author.
Funded by the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society through an endowment administered by the IEEE Foundation.
Authors of papers published in the IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics during the previous two calendar years.
Basis for Judging
Originality, technical merit, potential impact to the SMCS Field of Interest, and presentation quality.
At the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics.
- Derui Ding, Qing-Long Han, Xiaohua Ge, and Jun Wang
For the paper “Secure State Estimation and Control of Cyber-Physical Systems: A survey,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, Vol. 51, No. 1, pp. 176-190, 2021.
- Aniana Cruz, Gabriel Pires, Ana Lopes, Carlos Carona, and Urbano J. Nunes
For the paper “A Self-Paced BCI with a Collaborative Controller for Highly Reliable Wheelchair Driving: Experimental Tests With Physically Disabled Individuals,” IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, Vol. 51, No. 2, pp. 109-119, 2021.
- Chao Deng, Wei-Wei Che, and Zheng-Guang Wu
For the paper “A Dynamic Periodic Event-Triggered Approach to Consensus of Heterogeneous Linear Multiagent Systems With Time-Varying Communication Delays,” IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, Vol. 51, No. 4, pp. 1812-1821, 2021.
- Usman Naseem, Imran Razzak, Matloob Khushi, Peter W. Eklund and Jinman Kim
For the paper “COVIDSenti: A Large-Scale Benchmark Twitter Data Set for COVID-19 Sentiment Analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, Vol. 8, Iss. 4, pp. 1003-1015, 2021.
- Shuai Wang, Liwei Ouyang, Yong Yuan, Xiaochun Ni, Xuan Han, and Fei-Yue Wang
For the paper entitled “Blockchain-Enabled Smart Contracts: Architecture, Applications, and Future Trends,” published in the IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, vol. 49, no. 11, pp. 2266-2277, November 2019.
- Wen Qi, Hang Su, and Andrea Aliverti
For the paper entitled “A Smartphone-Based Adaptive Recognition and Real-Time Monitoring System for Human Activities,” published in the IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 414-423, October 2020.
- Lei Liu, Yan-Jun Liu, and Shaocheng Tong
For the paper entitled “Neural Networks-Based Adaptive Finite-Time Fault-Tolerant Control for a Class of Strict-Feedback Switched Nonlinear Systems,” published in the IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 2536-2545, July 2019.
- Lifang Li, Quingpeng Zhang, Xiao Wang, Jun Zhang, Tao Wang, Tian-Lu Gao, Wei Duan, Kelvin Kam-fai Tsoi, and Fei-Yue Wang
For the paper entitled “Characterizing the Propagation of Situational Information in Social Media During the COVID-19 Epidemic: A Case Study on Weibo,” published in the IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, vol. 7, iss. 2, pp. 556-562, April 2020.
- Xiakang Zhou, Wei Liang, Kevin I-Kai Wang, and Shohei Shimizu
For the paper “Multi-Modality Behavioral Influence Analysis for Personalized Recommendations in Health Social Media Environment”, IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, Vol. 6, No. 5, October 2019, pp. 888-897
- Ruoxu Ren, Terence Hung, and Kay Chen Tan
For the paper “A Generic Deep-Learning-Based Approach for Automated Surface Inspection”, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, Vol. 48, No. 3, March 2018, pp. 929-940
- Guy Hoffman
For the paper “Evaluating Fluency in Human-Robot Collaboration”, IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, Vol. 49, No. 3, June 2019, pp. 209-218
- Derui Ding, Zidong Wang, Qing-Long Han, an Guoliang Wei
For the paper “Security Control for Discrete-Time Stochastic Nonlinear Systems Subject to Deception Attacks”, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems, Vol. 48, No. 5, May 2018, pp. 779-789
- Yong Yuan, Fei-Yue Wang, and Daniel Zeng
For the paper entitled “Competitive Analysis of Bidding Behavior on Sponsored Search Advertising Markets” published in the IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 179-190, September 2017.
- Lei Ding, Qing-Long Han, Xiaohua Ge, and Xian-Ming Zhang
For the paper entitled “An Overview of Recent Advances in Event-Triggered Consensus of Multiagent Systems” published in the IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 1110-1123, April 2018.
- Max Mulder, Daan M. Pool, David A. Abbink, Erwin R. Boer, Peter M.T. Zaal, Frank M. Drop, Kasper van der El, and Marinus M. van Paasen
For the paper entitled “Manual Control Cybernetics: State-of-the-Art and Current Trends” published in the IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 468-485, October 2018.
- Qi Zhou, Lijie Wang, Chengwei Wu, Hongyi Li, and Haiping Du
For the paper entitled “Adaptive Fuzzy Control for Non Strict-Feedback Systems With Input Saturation and Output Constraint” published in the IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 1-12, January 2017.
- Qinglai Wei, Derong Liu, and Hanquan Lin
For the paper entitled “Value Iteration Adaptive Dynamic Programming for Optimal Control of Discrete-Time Nonlinear Systems,”
- Shaocheng Tong, Lili Zhang, and Yongming Li
For the paper entitled “A Personalizable Driver Steering Model Capable of Predicting Driver Behaviors in Vehicle Collision Avoidance Maneuvers,”
- Shaocheng Tong, Lili Zhang, and Yongming Li
For the paper entitled “Observed-Based Adaptive Fuzzy Decentralized Tracking Control for Switched Uncertain Nonlinear Large-Scale Systems With Dead Zones,”
- Jun Yu, Dacheng Tao, Meng Wang, Yong Rui, Yuichi Saito, Makoto Itoh, Toshiyuki Inagaki, Wei He, Yitting Dong, Changyin Sun
- Hongyi Li, Xingjian Jing, Hak-Keung Lam, Peng Shi, Ignacio Javier Perez, Franisco Javier Csbrerizo, Sergio Alonso, Enrique Herrara-Viedma, Ziho Kang, Steven J. Landry
- Huaguang Zhang, Lili Cui, Yanhong Luo
“For their paper “Near-Optimal Control for Nonzero-Sum Differential Games of Continuous-Time Nonlinear Systems Using Single-Network ADP” (Transactions on Cybernetics, 43(1):206-216, February 2013.)”
- Giancarlo Fortino, Roberta Giannantonio, Raffaele Gravina, Philip Kuryloski, Roozbeh Jafari
“For their paper “Enabling effective programming and flexible management of efficient body sensor network applications” (Transactions on Human Machine Systems 43(1):115-133)
- Neil Higgins, Valeriy Vyatkin, Nirmal-Kumar C. Nair, Karlheinz Schwarz
- Kumlachew M. Woldemariam, Gary G. Yen
- Ji Hyun Yang, Zhi-Hong Mao, Louis Tijerina, Tom Pilutti, Joseph F. Coughlin, Eric Feron
- Lucian Busoniu, Robert Babuska, Brt De Schutter
- Tal Oron-Gilad
- Wee Kheng Leow, Marcelo H. Ang, Jr., Kian Hsiang Low, Richard D. Gilson, Joshua L. Downs
- Raj Subha, Kai Ghoebel, Dean K. Frederick
- Veysel Gazi, Kevin M. Passino
- Ludmila I. Kuncheva
- Krishna Pattipati, Mojdeh Shakeri, Vijaya Raghavan