The scientific and engineering communities have been called upon to help the world respond to security challenges after September 11, 2001. The IEEE SMC Technical Committee on Homeland Security (TCHS) aims to promote and guide information systems, algorithm, and database research of relevance to international and national security. The TCHS will:
- organize special paper sessions relating to international/national security research in IEEE conferences;
- conduct annual TCHS meetings during annual IEEE SMC conferences;
- collaborate with other professional societies to promote security related research;
- collaborate with federal funding agencies (e.g., NSF, DHS, NIJ, ITIC, NIH, etc.) to develop international/national security related research programs and engage in research projects; and
- collaborate with government agencies, industrial partners, and local and national media in sponsoring and organizing international/national security related meetings, engaging in policy discussions, and facilitating training, education, and outreach programs.
IEEE CSR conference focuses on theoretical and practical aspects of the security, privacy, trust, and resilience of networks, systems, and services as well as novel ways for dealing with their vulnerabilities and mitigating sophisticated cyber-attacks.
For more information, please visit: https://www.ieee-csr.org/
The IEEE Technical Committee on Homeland Security is glad to endorse the “Workshop on AI and (cyber)security” that will be part of the IEEE SMC Conference, to take place from October 1-4, 2023 in Maui, Hawaii.
For more information, please visit: https://sites.google.com/view/smc2023workshopcyberai/
- Interact with researchers, practitioners, and agencies in intelligence and security informatics, a relatively new and rapidly growing research field.
- Exchange research ideas and forming partnership.
- Help define a new discipline.
- Participate in exciting conferences, workshops, and special issues.
- Make friends from different parts of the world.
- Make a tangible and positive impact on the society.