The Technical Committee on Bio-mechatronics and Bio-robotics Systems (B2S) aims at increasing the knowledge on how biological systems work, when analyzed from a “bio-mechatronic” point of view, and at exploiting such knowledge to develop innovative methodologies and technologies usable for designing and building high performance, bio inspired machines, and systems (at the macro, micro, and nano scale), mimicking humans, animals, and other living beings (bio-mimetics). Developing robot technology in conjunction with detailed knowledge of biomedical sciences is also essential for devices for biomedical applications, for example, in minimally invasive surgery, neurorehabilitation, and new industrial products.
- Organize annual international symposium or conferences in bio-mechatronics and bio-robotics systems;
- Organize special sessions/workshops on related topics at IEEE SMC conferences;
- Organize joint forums with industrial sectors;
- Edit special issues or focused special sections for SMC IEEE Transactions or other related journals.
These topics are of interest to our technical committee.
- Biomimetic context awareness, expectation and intention understanding in B2S systems
- Multimodal sensor fusion and communication, feedback and actuation in B2S systems
- Knowledge representation, information acquisition, and decision making in B2S systems Modelling of sensory and motor systems
- Systematic approach of brain inspired learning and adaptation
- Locomotion and manipulation in biological and robot systems
- Biomimetic modeling and control design in B2S systems
- Artificial intelligence for bio-mechatronics/robot systems
- Coordination and cooperation of multi-robots systems
- Fault detection, identification, optimization of bio-mechatronics/robotic systems
- Biologically-inspired systems and applications
- Affective and cognitive sciences for bio-mechatronics, augmented cognitive robot systems, computational intelligence, neuro-mechanical systems
- Rehabilitation robot system, medical healthcare robot system, neuro-robotics system, prosthetic device system, assistive robot system, wearable robot system for personal assistance
Our TC plans to:
- Organize annual international symposium or conferences in bio-mechatronics and bio-robotics systems
- Organize special sessions/workshops on related topics at IEEE SMC conferences
- Organize joint forums with industrial sectors
- Edit special issues or focused special sections for SMC IEEE Transactions or other related journals