Francesco Flammini (Email)
Justin Zhan (Email)
UNLV at Las Vegas
Qiudan Li (Email)
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Chris Yang (Email)
The scientific and engineering communities have been called upon to help the world respond to security challenges after September 11, 2001. The IEEE SMC Technical Committee on Homeland Security (TCHS) aims to promote and guide information systems, algorithm, and database research of relevance to international and national security. The TCHS will:
- organize special paper sessions relating to international/national security research in IEEE conferences;
- conduct annual TCHS meetings during annual IEEE SMC conferences;
- collaborate with other professional societies to promote security related research;
- collaborate with federal funding agencies (e.g., NSF, DHS, NIJ, ITIC, NIH, etc.) to develop international/national security related research programs and engage in research projects; and
- collaborate with government agencies, industrial partners, and local and national media in sponsoring and organizing international/national security related meetings, engaging in policy discussions, and facilitating training, education, and outreach programs.
- Cristina Alcaraz, University of Malaga, Spain
- Sudarshan Chawathe, University of Maine, USA
- Salim Hariri, University of Arizona, USA
- Ee Peng Lim, Nanyang Technical University, Singapore
- Wenji Mao, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Jay Nunamaker, University of Arizona, USA
- G. P. Patil, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Roberto Setola, University of Rome Campus Biomedico, Italy
- Feiyue Wang, University of Arizona, USA
- John Yen, Pennsylvania State University, USA
The tutorial materials provide more information on topics of interest to our technical committee.
- Interact with researchers, practitioners, and agencies in intelligence and security informatics, a relatively new and rapidly growing research field.
- Exchange research ideas and forming partnership.
- Help define a new discipline.
- Participate in exciting conferences, workshops, and special issues.
- Make friends from different parts of the world.
- Make a tangible and positive impact on the society.
- Co-sponsored 2nd International Workshop on Safety & Security Assurance for Critical Infrastructures Protection, Paris, France – 29th April 2017 Co-located with IEEE EuroS&P: 2nd European Symposium on Security and Privacy
- Co-sponsored International Conference on Computer Safety, Reliability and Security
- Co-sponsored International Symposium on Model-based Safety and Assessment
- Published several edited books and a research monograph on Intelligence and Security Informatics with Springer and Elsevier.
- Edited a special issue on Social Media Analytics and Social Intelligence, IEEE Intelligent Systems; planned publication date: Nov. 2010.
- Edited a special section on Biosurveillance, IEEE Intelligent Systems, planned publication date: Jan. 2010.
- Editing a special issue on social media analytics with the IEEE TSMC; planned publication date: Jan. 2010.
- Organized at the IEEE SMC 2009 a special session on Homeland Security; chaired by a member of our TC, David Mendonca.
- Edited a special issue on ISI and Social Computing, Springer Journal on Information Systems and e-Business; planned publication date: Dec. 2009.
- Organized the 2009 International Workshop on Biosurveillance and Biosecurity, Sept., 2009, Taipei, Taiwan, with technical co-sponsorship from SMC.
- Organized the IEEE International Conf. on Intelligence and Security Informatics 2009 (IEEE ISI 2009); Dallas, TX, June 8-11, 2009, including an affiliated workshop “the 2nd International Workshop on Social Computing,” with technical co-sponsorship from SMC.
- Organized the first European Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics, December 2, 2008, Denmark, with technical co-sponsorship from SMC.
- Organized the 2008 NSF Workshop on Biosurveillance and Biosecurity, December 2, 2008, North Carolina, with Technical co-sponsorship from SMC.
- Edited the IEEE Trans. on Knowledge and Data Engineering special issue on Intelligence and Security Informatics (July 2008 issue).
- Organized the Second China Summer Workshop on Information Management, June 30-July 1, 2008, Kunming, China, with technical co-sponsorship from SMC.
- Organized IEEE International Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics 2008 (IEEE ISI 2008), June 17-20, 2008, Taipei, Taiwan, with technical co-sponsorship from SMC.
- Organized the First International Workshop on Social Computing as part of IEEE ISI 2008, June 17, 2008, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Organized the 2008 Pacific Asian Workshop on Intelligence and Security Informatics (PAISI 2008), June 17, 2008, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Organized the first US-China Workshop on Infectious Disease, Informatics and BioSurveillance, March, 2008, Beijing, China.