Summary of the Latest Issue of the eNewsletter of the IEEE SMC Society, Issue 72, March 2022
- About the Society
- Board of Governors
- Newly elected/appointed Society Officials:
- BoG Members-at-Large, Dongrui Wu, 2022
- IEEE SMCS Resource Center Launched
- Join the IEEE Brain Community for Free!
Society Publications Table of Contents
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics
- IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems
- IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Magazine
- IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica
Call for Authors of Book Series:
- Wiley-IEEE Press Book Series on Human-Machine Systems
- BOOK TYPES: The series includes authored, edited or handbooks. The series will not publish conference proceedings or post-proceedings.
BOOK PROPOSAL SUBMISSION: Prospective authors should contact the Series Editor at [email protected], in order to discuss their project. Authors will then be invited to submit a book proposal to be reviewed by a panel of experts.
Call for Papers of Journals
- IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Magazine Special Issues:
- The Science of Getting Ahead in New Era of Human 4.0 with Cybernetics: Modern Challenges and Perspectives, submission deadline: July 30, 2022.
- Next Generation Networks for Industry 4.0, submission deadline: August 15, 2022.
- Sensing, Control, and Learning for Human Assisted Robots, submission deadline: August 31, 2022.
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence for Social Internet of Things (XSIoT): Analysis and Modeling using Collaborative Technologies, submission deadline: September 30, 2022.
- Advancements, Challenges and Application of Parallel and Distributed Algorithms, submission deadline: October 15, 2022.
- Cooperative design, visualization, engineering, and applications, submission deadline: December 10, 2022.
- IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems Special Issues:
- Front-end Need Analysis, submission deadline: July 15, 2022.
- Artificial Intelligence and Systems Engineering, submission deadline: September 1, 2022.
- Systems Engineering and Resilience, submission deadline: October 1, 2022.
- Future Generation Computer Systems (IF=7.187) Special Issue on Future-Generation Attack and Defense in Neural Networks, submission deadline June 20, 2022.
Call for Participation of Conferences:
- 2022 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Prague, Czech Republic, October 9-12, 2022 Submission deadline: April 15, 2022
- 2022 IEEE SMC 12th Workshop on Brain-Machine Interface (BMI) Systems, Prague, Czech Republic, October 9-12, 2022 Submission deadline: April 15, 2022
- 2022 International Conference on Cyber-physical Social Intelligence, October 21-24, 2022, Nanjing, China Submission deadline: May 15, 2022
- 2022 2nd Annual International Conference on Digital Twin and Parallel Intelligence, Multi-Venue, October 26-28, 2022 Submission deadline: July 19, 2022
- 2022 3rd Polish Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Gdynia, Poland, April 25-27, 2022.
- Meet the 2023 IEEE President-Elect Candidates Forum, Friday, 24 June 2022, 6:00-7:30pm PTThe IEEE Board of Directors has authorized a new Pilot Campaign Program that applies to IEEE President-Elect candidates for the 2022 and 2023 elections. As part of this pilot program, a “Meet the 2023 IEEE President-Elect Candidates Forum” will be held on Friday, 24 June 2022 from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm PT. The event will be livestreamed by IEEE.tv for IEEE members not attending the June Meeting Series and recorded for future viewing.During the Forum, 2022 IEEE President & CEO K. J. Ray Liu will ask the candidates questions submitted by members on issues important to them and IEEE. This is an opportunity to hear from the 2023 IEEE President-Elect candidates and get informed ahead of the 2022 annual election.To register for the livestream event and to receive the link to the event recording, visit meet-the-candidates.ieee.org
- Postdoctoral Fellow Position at Carnegie Mellon University: Deep Reinforcement Learning Techniques for Human Robot Teaming Systems (Linkpdf)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate on computational and systems neuroscience, intracortical neurophysiology, machine learning, or Neuroengineering, BrainGate Research Team at Massachusetts General Hospital and Brown University.
- Tenure-track Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science, National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University.
- Chair Professor/Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in the Department of Advanced Design and Systems Engineering, City University of Hong Kong.
- Tenure-track Assistant Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
- Open Rank Associate/Assistant Professor Computer Science, Gaming, and Graphics, Northern Arizona University.
- Tenure-track Professor/Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) in the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Waterloo.
This eNewsletter aims to serve SMC society members by providing a useful platform for information exchange. News is published on an ongoing basis and can be accessed free of charge on the Society’s website.
The eNewsletter invites submissions on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Featured Articles: research ideas, discussions on emerging areas, debatable issues
- Research Activities: information about a research group and its activities
- Meeting Reports: information about conferences and workshops
- Call for papers/participants: books, special issues, conferences, workshops
- Technical Committees: TC activities
- Local Chapters: chapter activities
- Research Opportunities: job openings, funding opportunities
Please submit articles in Word format, which should contain all text, diagrams, images, and your photo, biography, and contact information (name, email address, and website), to Professor Dongrui Wu at [email protected].
IEEE SMC: https://www.ieeesmc.org/
Manage your IEEE Communications Preferences: https://www.ieee.org/ieee-privacyportal/app/ibp