eNewsletter of the IEEE SMC Society – Issue 65, November 2019
- | November 25, 2019 10:48am
The fourth issue of the IEEE SMC Society eNewsletter for 2019.
- About the Society
- Board of Governors
- 2020-22 SMC Society BOG Members-at-Large Elections
- New 2020-21 SMCS ExCom Members Elected by the SMCS BOG
- Call for Nominations: Editor-in-Chief for IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics
- Call for Nominations: Editor-in-Chief for IEEE Transactions on SMC: Systems
- Call for Nominations: Editor-in-Chief for IEEE SMC Magazine
- Interview with Dr. Stuart Rubin, Space and Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC Pacific), USA, co-chair of the Technical Committee of Knowledge Acquisition in Intelligent Systems of the IEEE SMC Society and Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Report on SMC 2019 in Bari, Italy
- 2020 Spring School on Data-driven Model Learning of Dynamic Systems
- International Graduate School on Control (IGSC): Introduction to Discrete Event Systems
- 2020 Spring School on COMPLEX NETWORKS: THEORY, METHODS, AND APPLICATIONS
- 2nd International School on Informatics and Dynamics in Complex Networks
Society Publications Table of Contents
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics
- IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems
- IEEE Control Systems Letters
- IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Magazine
Call for Participation in SMC 2019
- Invitation to the society flagship conference 2019 IEEE SMC
(Conference October 6-9, 2019)
Call for Participation and Papers to SMC 2020
- Invitation to the society flagship conference 2020 IEEE SMC
(Conference October 11-14 2020, submission deadline April 5 2020)
Call for Participation and Papers for Conferences and Journals
See a listing of all upcoming SMC events on our Conference Calendar.
- Call for Participation: 2019 Winter Simulation Conference (WSC)
(Conference December 8-11 2019)
- Call for Papers: 17th IEEE International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control
(Conference March 7-10 2020, submission deadline November 1 2019)
- Call for Papers: 1st IEEE International Conference on Human-Machine Systems
(Conference April 6-8 2020, submission deadline December 1 2019)
- Call for Papers: 2020 IEEE Conference on Cognitive and Computational Aspects of Situation Management
(Conference May 4-7 2020)
- Call for Papers: 10th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Systems
(Conference June 26-28 2020)
- Call for Papers: 7th International Conference on Control, Decision and Information Technologies (CODIT2020)
(Conference June 28 – July 2 2020)
- Tenure Track Professorship in Information Security, Graz University of Technology, Faculty of Computer Science and Biomedical Engineering, Austria.
- Tenure Track Professorship in Machine Learning, Graz University of Technology, Faculty of Computer Science and Biomedical Engineering, Austria.
- Tenure Track Faculty Position - Artificial Intelligence The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Assistant Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering, The Edward S. Rogers Sr., Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto.
- Associate Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering, The Edward S. Rogers Sr., Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering, University of Toronto.
- Graduate Research Assistant Positions for Spring and Fall 2020 Open at School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Oklahoma State University, USA.
- Post-doc Fellowship in Distributed Federated Learning: Fundamental limits, tradeoffs, and guarantees, Purdue University, USA.
- Faculty Positions in All General Areas of Electrical and Computer Engineering, The Helen and John C. Hartmann Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA.
- Optus Fellows (ALA/ALB/ALC) in Machine Learning/Robotics/IoT, Curtin University, Australia.
- Associate Professor in Robotics, Structural Engineering, Australian National University, Australia.
- Assistant Professor in Artificial Intelligence, Johannes Kepler University, Austria.
- Professor in Machine Learning, Alps Adriatic University, Austria.
- Lecturer in Electrical and Computer Engineering, The Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada.
- Assistant Professor in Applied Statistical Modelling and Machine Learning, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark.
- Post-doctoral researcher in Natural Language Processing / Machine Learning, Lorraine Université D'Excellence, France.
- PhD (Doctoral Candidate) in the field of Human-Computer Interaction / User Experience, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg.
- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Full Professor in Artificial Intelligence, Computational Engineering, Machine Learning, The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Russia.
- Position in Cybersecurity and Blockchain Technologies, Pompeu Fabra University, Spain.
- Assistant Professor in the area of Soft Robotics: modeling and control, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands.
- Professor in Computer and Systems Sciences with focus on cyber security and digital forensics, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- Instructor in Management of Artificial Intelligence, University of St.Gallen, Swiss.
- Lecturer in Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, Kings College London, United Kingdom.
This eNewsletter aims to serve SMC members by providing a useful platform for information exchange. News is published on an ongoing basis and can be accessed free of charge here on the Society's website.
The eNewsletter invites submissions on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Featured Articles: research ideas, discussions on emerging areas, debatable issues
- Research Activities: information about a research group and its activities
- Meeting Reports: information about conferences and workshops
- Technical Committees: TC activities
- Local Chapters: chapter activities
- Research Opportunities: job openings, funding opportunities
Please submit your article to the Editor at email@example.com in Word format, which should contain all text, diagrams, images, and your photo, biography, and contact information (name, email address, and website).