The first issue of the IEEE SMC Society eNewsletter for 2020.
Message to the SMCS members from Dr. Edward W. Tunstel, Johns Hopkins APL, USA, junior past President of the IEEE SMC Society
- About the Society
- Board of Governors
- New SMCS Technical Committee on Intelligent Systems to Human-aware Sustainability
- Announcing Monthly SMC Chapter Chairs’ Webinars to Help Our Chapters Create Strong Chapter Programs and Share Best Practices
Society Publications Table of Contents
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics
- IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems
- IEEE Control Systems Letters
- IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Magazine
Call for Participation and Papers to SMC 2020
- Invitation to the society flagship conference 2020 IEEE SMC
(Conference October 11-14 2020, submission deadline April 5 2020)
Call for Participation and Papers for Conferences and Journals
See a listing of all upcoming SMC events on our Conference Calendar.
- Call for Participation: 17th IEEE International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control
(Conference March 7-10 2020)
- Call for Participation: 1st IEEE International Conference on Human-Machine Systems
(Conference April 6-8 2020)
- Call for Paper: 13th International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Security for Information Systems
(Conference June 24-26 2020, submission deadline February 3 2020)
- Call for Paper: 11th International Conference on EUropean Transnational Education
(Conference June 24-26 2020, submission deadline January 20 2020)
- Call for Paper: 15th International Conference on Soft Computing Models in Industrial and Environmental Applications
- Call for Participation: 2020 IEEE Conference on Cognitive and Computational Aspects of Situation Management
(Conference May 4-7 2020)
- Call for Participation: 10th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Systems
Conference June 26-28 2020)
- Call for Paper: 33rd International BCS Human-Computer Interaction Conference
(Conference July 6-10 2020, submission deadline March 2 2020)
- Call for Paper: 26th IEEE International Conference on Automation and Computing (ICAC’20)
(Conference September 3-5 2020, submission deadline April 30 2020)
- Job Opening –Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Systems Engineering at CFINS, Tsinghua University, China.
- Job Opening –Postdoc position in Reinforcement Learning for Cyber Physical Systems at CFINS, Tsinghua University, China.
- Job Opening –PhD position in Control and Optimization of Cyber Physical Systems at CFINS, Tsinghua University, China.
- Job Opening –PhD position at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) on Model Predictive Control under uncertainty, Trondheim, Norway.
- Job Opening –PhD Positions in intelligent control at the University of Kentucky, USA.
- Job Opening –PhD position in the general area of advanced control design/Fault Tolerant Control with application to dynamic systems, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA.
- Job Opening –Joint Postdoctoral Research Fellow Positions in Control & Robotics at SUSTech and SNU, Southern University of Science and Technology, China.
- Job Opening –Assistant professor at UNC-Chapel Hill, The Computer Science Department, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA.
- Job Opening –Teaching Faculty (Open Rank) at UNC-Chapel Hill, The Computer Science Department, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA.
- Job Opening –PhD Student in Information Technology Ghent University, Department of Information technology, Belgium.
- Job Opening –Faculty Position in Electrical Engineering specializing in Artificial Intelligence Ryerson University Department of Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering, Canada.
- Job Opening –Assistant / Associate Professor in Information Systems Science, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
- Job Opening –Assistant/Associate Professor of Medical Imaging for Robotics, University of Twente, Netherlands.
- Job Opening –Several Funded Doctoral Positions in Computer Science in Austria (Vienna, Graz or Linz).
- Job Opening –PhD position in modelling and ICT for fire risk prediction at Western Norway University of Applied Sciences, Norway.
- Job Opening –Two Post-doctoral positions in personalized whole brain models for neuroscience: inference and validation, University of Padova, Italy.
- Job Opening –Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Cyber Security – Automation, The University of Queensland – School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, Australia.
- Job Opening –PhD Student in Human-Computer Interaction for Wellbeing, Utrecht University, Faculty of Science, Netherlands.
- Job Opening –Lecturer /Senior Lecturer in Automation and Robotics Engineering Global College of Engineering and Technology, Oman.
- Job Opening –Assistant Professor of Machine Learning, University of Wisconsin Madison, College of Engineering, United States.
- Job Opening –Tenure Track Faculty in Robotics University of Texas Austin, Robotics Consortium, United States.
- Job Opening –Singapore National Research Foundation Fellowship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Job Opening –Professor or Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) of Cyber-Physical and Embedded Systems, The Department of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, ETH Zürich, Switzerland.
- Job Opening –Three fully financed Post-Doc Positions, The Department of Informatics, University of Hamburg, Germany.
- Job Opening –Post-doctoral researcher on Mathematics of Machine Learning, University in Antwerp, Belgium.
- Job Opening –Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Secure and Cyberphysical Systems, Innopolis University, Russia Federation.
- Job Opening –Assistant Professor in Electrical Engineering (2 Positions), The University of Rhode Island, United States.
This eNewsletter aims to serve SMC members by providing a useful platform for information exchange. News is published on an ongoing basis and can be accessed free of charge here on the Society’s website.
The eNewsletter invites submissions on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Featured Articles: research ideas, discussions on emerging areas, debatable issues
- Research Activities: information about a research group and its activities
- Meeting Reports: information about conferences and workshops
- Technical Committees: TC activities
- Local Chapters: chapter activities
- Research Opportunities: job openings, funding opportunities
Please submit your article to the Editor at [email protected] in Word format, which should contain all text, diagrams, images, and your photo, biography, and contact information (name, email address, and website).