Call for Nominations: Editor-in-Chief for IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics
- IEEE SMC
- | November 19, 2019 10:57am
Nomination Deadline: 10 December 2019
The IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society (SMCS) invites nominations for the position of Editor-in-Chief for the IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics. The Editor-in-Chief appointment is for a 3-year term starting 1 January 2020.
The nominee must be a member in good standing of the IEEE and of the IEEE SMC Society. He/she must show a high editorial capacity for an archival magazine or journal. Desirable qualities include: an impressive CV related to the journal scope, solid technical accomplishments, leadership, integrity and ethical standards, organizational and management skills, and a vision for moving the journal forward.
The duties include the identification of Associate Editors to serve across the scope of the journal; management of the day-to-day operations of the journal through ScholarOne Manuscripts with the assistance of the SMCS Publications Committee; monitoring of quality and timeliness of publications; identification of areas that require strengthening; and working with the Society and its Technical Committees to achieve these goals.
The Editor-in-Chief will report to the Society's Vice President-Publications. He/she chairs the Editorial Board for the publication and serves on and is a voting member of the Society's Publications Board. The Editor-in-Chief is expected to participate in Publications Board meetings and in additional technical meetings, contributing to decisions about publication policies and priorities. The term of service will be from 1/1/2020 to 12/31/2022.
Please submit nominations to: Enrique Herrera-Viedma, SMCS Vice President-Publications, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations must include:
- Name of IEEE SMCS journal.
- Name of candidate and nominator(s);
- A brief IEEE-style biography (up to 200 words), including IEEE membership number and a listing of the candidate's editorial experience;
- The candidate’s CV containing more relevant information for the nomination;
- A brief narrative supporting statement from the nominator(s);
- A statement of interest of up to 500 words stating the nominee’s vision for the journal.
Nomination Deadline: 10 December 2019.