The SMC Society’s Nomination Committee is seeking nominations for SMCS’s 2016
Board of Governors (BoG) elections. SMC Society’s Nomination Committee will select
candidates for the election to be held at the end of 2016.
The following positions are open:
- Five SMCS members will be elected by the SMCS members-at-large for 3-year
terms (1/1/2017-12/31/2019) on the society’s BoG;
- President-Elect for 1-year term (1/1/2017-12/31/2017) and to serve as President
for 2-year term (1/1/2018-12/31/2019); and
- Four Vice Presidents (VP Systems Science and Engineering, VP Membership,
VP Publications, and VP Finance) for 2-year terms (1/1/2017-12/31/2018).
Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged. Please nominate suitable nominees by
submitting via email by July 15, 2016 the following information about the nominee:
- Full name and contact information (including email address).
- IEEE member number.
- Contributions to the profession.
- Contributions to the SMC Society and the IEEE.
- Statement by the candidate that he/she is and will continue to be a member of
IEEE and the SMC Society in good standing for the full term.
- Statement by the candidate that he/she is willing to serve and the position for
which they are nominated for the full term. The statement should also include
that he/she will be available for duties and responsibilities as the position
- Statement by the candidate that he/she will attend the annual BoG meetings.
SMCS will cover reasonable travel expenses. The BoG meeting is held at the
SMC’s annual conference in October. In order to be reimbursed for the travel
expenses by the SMC Society, SMC Society BoG members are required to
attend, actively support, and participate in the SMC annual conference by
submitting papers, organizing and participating in special sessions and
workshops, panel sessions, and/or tutorials.
- Photo and position statement by the candidate how he/she will contribute to the
particular position and SMCS if elected.
The nomination process is posted on this page.
2016-2017 SMCS Junior Past President
Chair, SMCS Nominations Committee