The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) invites applications for multiple positions at the postdoctoral/research fellow level, for two multi-year projects on the cybersecurity of critical cyber-physical infrastructures with emphases on urban transportation systems and smart power grids.
Candidates should have a PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related areas, and a track record of publications in high-quality journals and/or conferences. Good written/oral communication skills in English, and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team, are required. Skills and experience in both analytical and empirical research are highly desirable. Areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Cyber-physical systems
- Computer and network security
- Control theory and systems (industrial control systems and SCADA systems)
- Machine learning with application to intrusion detection
Advantages of these positions include:
- Stable funding: 3- or 4-year funding from S’pore National Research Foundation, subject to satisfactory performance.
- Potential collaboration with UIUC Advanced Digital Sciences Center and MIT through the SUTD-MIT program; possible conversion to other opportunities, such as the Temasek Fellowship.
- Internationally competitive remuneration.
- High-quality living and low tax rates in Singapore.
Immediate until filled. If interested, please submit your CV, a research statement, and two reference letters to [email protected] Please indicate “CPS researcher application” as the email subject header to make sure that your application will be correctly classified.
SUTD is established in collaboration with MIT to advance knowledge and nurture technically grounded leaders and innovators to serve societal needs. This will be accomplished, with a focus on Design, through an integrated multi-disciplinary curriculum and multi-disciplinary research. Learn more about SUTD.