The IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society (SMCS) invites nominations for the position of Editor-in-Chief (EiC) for the IEEE SMC Magazine (Magazine), https://www.ieeesmc.org/publications/40-publications/smc-magazine, for a three-year term from January 2022 to December 2024.
The EiC’s duties include identification of Associate Editors to serve across the scope of the Magazine; management of the day-to-day operations of the journal through Scholar One Manuscripts with the assistance of the SMCS Publications Committee; monitoring of quality and timeliness of publications; identification of areas that require strengthening; and working with the Society and its Technical Committees to achieve these goals.
The EiC will report to the Society’s Vice President — Publications. She/he is expected to participate in SMC Annual conference, Publications Committee meetings and Technical Committee meetings, and contribute to decisions about publication policies and priorities
Criteria for Nominees:
- High ethical standards with integrity
- Well-recognised in SMCS’ fields of interests
- Extensive editorial experience
- Strong leadership experience and solid management skills
- Be a member of IEEE and SMCS; and
- Preferably published articles in the Magazine.
Requirements for Nominations:
The nominees need to provide the following documents:
- Your IEEE style biography (up to 250 words)
- Your complete CV with publication list
- Supporting letter from your nominator; and
- Your vision for the Magazine (up to 200 words).
Self-nomination is permitted and encouraged.
Please submit nominations to: Peng Shi, SMCS Vice President-Publications, and Cc to Prof Rudas Imre, SMCS President.
Nomination deadline: 3 December 2021.