Nomination Deadline: 30 September 2020
The IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society (SMCS) invites nominations for the position of Editor-in-Chief for the IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems. The Editor-in-Chief appointment is for a 3-year term starting 1 November 2020.
The nominee must be a member in good standing of the IEEE and of the IEEE SMC Society. He/she must show a high editorial capacity for an archival magazine or journal. Desirable qualities include: an impressive CV related to the journal scope, solid technical accomplishments, leadership, integrity and ethical standards, organizational and management skills, and a vision for moving the journal forward.
The duties include the identification of Associate Editors to serve across the scope of the journal; management of the day-to-day operations of the journal through ScholarOne Manuscripts with the assistance of the SMCS Publications Committee; monitoring of quality and timeliness of publications; identification of areas that require strengthening; and working with the Society and its Technical Committees to achieve these goals.
The Editor-in-Chief will report to the Society’s Vice President-Publications. He/she chairs the Editorial Board for the publication and serves on and is a voting member of the Society’s Publications Board. The Editor-in-Chief is expected to participate in Publications Board meetings and in additional technical meetings, contributing to decisions about publication policies and priorities. The term of service will be from 11/01/2020 to 10/30/2023.
Please submit nominations to: Enrique Herrera-Viedma, SMCS Vice President- Publications, via email to [email protected].
Nominations must include:
- Name of IEEE SMCS journal.
- Name of candidate and nominator(s) (self-nominations are acceptable too);
- A brief IEEE-style biography (up to 200 words), including IEEE membership number and a listing of the candidate’s editorial experience;
- The candidate’s CV containing more relevant information for the nomination;
- A brief narrative supporting statement from the nominator(s);
- A statement of interest of up to 500 words stating the nominee’s vision for the journal.
Nomination Deadline: 30 September 2020.