Call for Nominations SMCS 2016 Board of Governors
- IEEE SMC
- | June 16, 2016 3:55pm
The SMC Society’s Nomination Committee is seeking nominations for SMCS’s 2016 Board of Governors (BoG) elections. SMC Society’s Nomination Committee will select candidates for the election to be held at the end of 2016.
The following positions are open:
- Five SMCS members will be elected by the SMCS members-at-large for 3-year terms (1/1/2017-12/31/2019) on the society’s BoG;
- President-Elect for 1-year term (1/1/2017-12/31/2017) and to serve as President for 2-year term (1/1/2018-12/31/2019); and
- Four Vice Presidents (VP Systems Science and Engineering, VP Membership, VP Publications, and VP Finance) for 2-year terms (1/1/2017-12/31/2018).
Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged. Please nominate suitable nominees by submitting via email by July 15, 2016 the following information about the nominee:
- Full name and contact information (including email address).
- IEEE member number.
- Contributions to the profession.
- Contributions to the SMC Society and the IEEE.
- Statement by the candidate that he/she is and will continue to be a member of IEEE and the SMC Society in good standing for the full term.
- Statement by the candidate that he/she is willing to serve and the position for which they are nominated for the full term. The statement should also include that he/she will be available for duties and responsibilities as the position requires.
- Statement by the candidate that he/she will attend the annual BoG meetings. SMCS will cover reasonable travel expenses. The BoG meeting is held at the SMC’s annual conference in October. In order to be reimbursed for the travel expenses by the SMC Society, SMC Society BoG members are required to attend, actively support, and participate in the SMC annual conference by submitting papers, organizing and participating in special sessions and workshops, panel sessions, and/or tutorials.
- Photo and position statement by the candidate how he/she will contribute to the particular position and SMCS if elected.
The nomination process is posted on this page.
Format for submitting nominations: please see this sample bio
2016-2017 SMCS Junior Past President
Chair, SMCS Nominations Committee